Friday, August 16, 2013

Still thinking, but happier.

This post may come across as selfish. But I'm happy.

I've been doing a lot of thinking. I got my big overtime check and wanted to save half of it. It was a good plan. Still is. But I was walking around the mall with a friend and I felt so out of place. I felt broke. I felt like I was punishing myself and I wasn't allowed to spend a dime or I had failed at life. The amount of guilt I feel after spending money is sickening. As I was looking around, I pictured my life. I work a full-time job, I have a car (that usually does what it's supposed to), and I have all of my bills paid (not including my outstanding debt). I'm (almost) 23 years old, I have no kids, and my only responsibility is to take care of myself. What am I being so hard on myself for? I deserve a new purse. I work hard, I deserve a pair of boots. Today was the first day I've ever spent money on myself and not felt guilty. Also, the fact that Cody has never ever bought me anything makes me feel better about treating myself.

I'm happier when I take care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment